Medical College traces its history up to 1925 since opening midwifery course at the Lenin school
campus. In the late twenties, when the young republic was badly in need of medical personnel, the
decision on the organization of the medical college, and in 1932 there was an independent medical school.
At the root of the creation of the medical college were the head of the surgical department of the
Nalchik City Bogolepov hospital (name and patronymic are not preserved) and a surgeon at the same
In 1933, the medical school was headed by K.H. Mirzoev. Since 1937, medical school was
renamed to midwife dental school with an appointed director G.K. Kalyuzhny.
Since the beginning of the Great Patriotic War, the work of the school rebuilt. In August 1942,
during the mass evacuation of Nalchik, the school ceased its operation, but in 1944 resumed its work …
From September 1944 to January 1951 the directors were H. S. Nalchikov, G.T. Huseynov, E.Y.
In 1951 it was directed by Y.M. Dukelsky, and when it became Nalchik Medical School. In 1976
A.B. Medvedev became the director of the school, who actively continued the tradition of the school,
accumulating educational and methodical and material base. After the transition to another job, N.H.
Depueva, Honored Doctor of the Russian Federation and the CBD was appointed as a director. Through
the efforts of NH Depuevoy in 1995 the school becomes Nalchik medical college and begins to
implement a high-level program, mastering one of the first in Russia the college lecture and seminary
In 1997, the college became a structural division of the university and continued to work
effectively in the system of continuing professional education. Since 2004, the college is headed by S.V.
In 2007, the Medical College of Kabardino-Balkarian State University won the competition
«Gold medal» European quality «in the nomination «The best hundred colleges of Russia «, the director of the college S.V. Pshibieva awarded the medal «Director of the Year — 2007».
For more than 80 years of experience in training of nurses not only justified itself, but also
allowed to achieve substantial improvement. Scientific and pedagogical potential of the college and is
now successfully continuing to grow and improve.
COLLEGE OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AND ECONOMY
Our college has a rich and proud history, its unique face. For many generations of students the
school has given a solid start in the world of knowledge, helped to select and purchase popular and
promising career, to make a professional career. From 1996 to the present, the college is a subdivision of Kabardino-Balkarian State University.
In 2018, the college became one of the hundred best secondary specialized educational institutions of the Russian Federation.
MUNICIPAL BUILDING CONSTRUCTION COLLEGE
Municipal building construction College MBCC KBSU is a structural unit of KBSU which was
founded in 1962, at the Resolution of KBASSR Council of Ministers in the 2nd of July, 1962 № 334 as a
evening technical ornamental horticulture.
In 1975, by the order of the Minister of Housing and Communal Services of the RSFSR №162
from the 16th of April, 1975 College was reorganized in Nalchik municipal building technical and
proceeds to the training of technicians greening of cities and populated areas and builders technicians
full-time and correspondence courses.
In 1977 college greatly strengthened the material and technical base: put into operation a modern
training complex that included educational building for 600 students, a dormitory for 444 seats, dining,
sports and assembly halls, a library with a reading room, a stadium, a greenhouse.
In subsequent years, College opens new specialties: «Industrial flowering», «Economics and
Accounting and Control», «Installation and maintenance of equipment and systems of gas supply»,
«Organization of service in hotels and tourist complexes», «State and municipal management». By the
Russian Federation Government Decree from 10.09.1997. №1153 Kabardino-Balkarian State University
was reorganized through merging structural units of Nalchik municipal Construction College of the State
Committee of the Russian Federation for Housing and Construction Policy. Since July 8, 1998 municipal
building technical acquires the status of municipal building college of Kabardino-Balkarian State
University with the right of implementation of open source basic and advanced level software programs.
In order to optimize the structure of education and research and administrative offices, the
establishment of effective mechanisms for implementation of basic educational programs of secondary
vocational and higher education on the basis of continuity and to improve the quality of students and
On September 1, 2015 engeneering-technical faculty transformed into Polytechnic Institute with
the inclusion of municipal building college.
In 1924, in the town of Nalchik on the basis of school-commune Pedagogical College was opened on the preparation of elementary school teachers, preschool workers, senior Pioneer leaders and political educational workers. Creation, further strengthening of the institution is inextricably linked with the history of formation and development of the public educational system in Kabardino-Balkaria. In 1937, the teachers’ training school was renamed in Nalchik teacher training college.
Over the years, the directors of the institution were talented organizers: I.M. Voronkov,S. Fetisov,
I.B. Afaunov, S.A. Mutalipov, S.A. Uhlig, S.S. Chechenov, H.Z. Gyaurgiev., N.H. Baychekueva (Ph.D.,
Chairman of the Board of Directors of Teacher Training Colleges North Caucasus Federal District).
Currently Teachers College of KBSU is headed by F.K. Ashabokova, candidate of Physical and
In order to improve the quality of training, in the 10th of October, 1997 Teachers College became
a member of the Kabardino-Balkarian State University named after H.M. Berbekov.
During the integration period in the Kabardino-Balkarian State University structure Teachers
College has trained about 9000 ACT specialists in 16 specialties: Geography, Pre-school education, fine
arts and drawing, foreign language, science, Corrective Pedagogy in Primary Education, Music
Education, Organization of educational activities, rights and organization of social software, teaching in
the primary grades, Native language and literature, Social work, Social trainer, tourism, labor, teacher,
physical education. From 1997 to 2015 3 doctoral, 33 master’s theses was defended in various areas.
In 2007, the College was awarded the diploma of the winner in the contest «100 best secondary
specialized educational institutions of Russia.»
COLLEGE OF DESIGN
The College of design was established in 1992 It became the first educational institution in the system of secondary education of the Russian Federation engaged in training of specialists in the field of design. Since 1997 the College of design is a structural subdivision of Kabardino-Balkarian state University, and since 2016 it became a part of the Institute of architecture, construction and design of KBSU. In the History section of our website you will find a detailed story about the formation of the College and its achievements. The College of design is a developing organism in which there are all the mechanisms of functioning: pedagogical and economic, scientific and ideological, creative and production, organizational and managerial, strategic and tactical are focused on one goal – the production of spiritual and material culture in a variety of forms.