INSTITUTE FOR WORK WITH FOREIGN STUDENTS
We are pleased to welcome you to the website of the Insttute of the Foreign students!
Kabardino-Balkarian State University University prepares the professionals of foreign natonality
since 1969 Initallyy these were citiens of Syria and Jordany the Circassian residents in these countries.
By the order of the USSR State Commitee for Public Educaton 7 from 09.07.1990 in the
Kabardino-Balkarian State University was opened a preparatory department for foreign citiens.
According to the Ministry of Educaton of the Russian Federaton 81 from 18.02. 2002 «The
introducton of the ofcial list of educatonal insttutons of the Russian Federatony engaged in pre-
university training of foreign citienssy and on the basis of the Coordinaton Council of the Center pre-
university training of foreign citiens of the Russian Ministry from 25 .2003 and from 25.07.2003
Kabardino-Balkarian State University was included in the list of educatonal insttutons of the Russian
Federatony engaged in pre-university training of foreign natonals.
In 1983y due to the increasing contngent of foreign natonals studying in diferent facultes of
Kabardino-Balkarian State Universityy it was established university-wide department on work with
Since its creaton untl 1996 The director of the foreign students department was the candidate
of philological sciencesy associate professor of Kabardian language and literature Haiesha Taov
From 1996 to 2009y as the director of the foreign students department worked Ph.D.y assistant
professor of Russian language for foreign students Lyon Pheshhov (Alihanovich).
From 2009 to 2012 the director of the foreign students department was the candidate of historical
sciences, Arthur Kazharov (Gusmanovich).
In 2010, in connection with the actualization of the problems of educational services of
internationalization and export by Order №21/O from 02.02.2010, the the foreign students department
was renamed to the Faculty of work with foreign students.
An important step in the international relations of Kabardino-Balkarian State University is the
preparation of professionals for the foreign countries.
After years of work with foreign students KBSU trained more than 800 specialists for foreign
countries, more than 30 candidates of different sciences and 1 Ph.D.
Kabardino-Balkarian State University admits to the education students, graduate students,
trainees and undergraduates. Foreign citizens who do not speak Russian are admitted to the Preparatory
Department for one year. After the end of the Preparatory Department they can apply to the first course of
the selected faculty.
From the Preparatory Department graduated more than 1,000 people, from the graduate school —
more than 40,more than 20 – from the internship, more than 30 foreign nationals – from the traineeship.
The faculty of work with foreign students includes two departments:
The department of the Russian language for foreign students, opened in 1980
The department of general subjects for foreign students (DTE DUT), created in 2011 to
implement the disciplines, according to the requirements for minimum content and level of graduates
training of faculties and departments of pre-university training of foreign citizens.
The faculty of the University, including experienced researchers and practitioners, allows
Kabardino-Balkarian State University to carry out the educational process at the highest level in keeping
with new, vital, real, practical, current and future problems of the economy, production and management
professionals, and to prepare the XXI century.
A high level of education, flexible learning system, reasonable prices, warm and psychological
climate, developed infrastructure academy, interesting, rich, safe student life — all this attract young
people from all around the world to choose to study at KBSU.
INSTITUTE OF ARCHITECTURE, CONSTRUCTION AND DESIGN
The Institute operates in the Kabardino-Balkarian State University since 1957, at first under the
name «Faculty of Civil Engineering», from 1960 to 2015 — «Engineering Department», in 2015 —
«Polytechnic Institute», and from 2016 years- «Institute of Architecture, construction and design. » Since
2017 has 3 institute departments and 2 colleges.
INSTITUTE OF HISTORY, PHILOLOGY AND MEDIA
The Institute of history, Philology and mass media is one of the largest and oldest departments of
the Kabardino-Balkarian State University. At the origins of its formation it was a faculty of literature,
which, together with the physics, mathematics and biology faculties, became the basis of the established
by the decision of the government of the RSFSR in 1932 Kabardino-Balkarian pedagogical Institute. In
the same year, the Department of linguistics, which included the teachers of Kabardian and Balkarian
languages and literature, was created.
Since 1934 the faculty of language and literature was preparing teachers of Russian language and
literature, Kabardian language and literature, Balkarian language and literature, and since 1948-1949
school years – also teachers of Russian language and literature for 5th-10th grades of the Kabardian
In 1934 there were significant changes in the development of higher education in Kabardino-
Balkaria, in the life of the Institute. The growing process of development of school education in the
region, the opening of new schools caused an increase in the need for teachers for seven-year and
secondary schools, which could not be provided with one Institute. Therefore, in the same year at the
pedagogical Institute was opened a teacher’s Institute with a two-year training period. He trained teachers
in his two departments (mathematics and history) for teaching in grades 5-7.
In the third – 1934/35 academic year – in pedagogical and teacher’s institutes the historical
faculty was formed.
The structure of the pedagogical Institute during the great Patriotic war remained unchanged: it
consisted of 4 faculties: literary, physical, mathematical, historical and natural Sciences.
In the academic year 1952/1953, the faculty of history and the faculty of language and literature
were merged into one faculty of history and philology.
In 1956, due to the increased need for training foreign language teachers for schools of the
Republic, a Department was established at the faculty of history and Philology, which trained teachers of
German and English.
In the same year, a two – profile Department was opened to train teachers of Kabardian language
and literature and Russian language and literature, and in 1957-to prepare the Balkar language and
literature and Russian language and literature.
In 1975 from part of the historical-philological faculty was allocated the faculty of romance and
Until 1996, training of specialists in philological specialties was formed by three faculties: the
philological faculty, the faculty of Kabardian and Balkar Philology and the faculty of Romano-German
On the basis of the mentioned faculties in October 1996 was created the Institute of Philology, the
first Director of which was appointed the candidate of philological Sciences associate Professor Hasesha
Taov (Talevich). From 2001 to 2007 Director of the Institute of Philology was doctor of philological
Sciences Professor Rashid Aliyev (Sultanovich), and from 2007 to 2011 Director of if performed the
doctor of pedagogical Sciences, Professor Lorena Haraeva (Ahmedovna). Since 2011 it was headed by
doctor of Philology, Professor Elena Kuantseva. From 2015 the doctor of Philology, Professor Adam
Mustagizov (Mushtagitovitch) acting Director of the Institute of Philology.
In 1995, on the basis of historical faculty was set up Socio-humanitarian Institute of the
Kabardino-Balkarian State University University (SHI), which includes 4 producing and 4 of the
University Department. The first Director of the SHI , bringing together three specialties: «History»,
«Social work» and «Socially-cultural service and tourism» was assigned to M. Z. Soblirov. Since 2001,
SHI was headed By H. B. Mamsirov.
By decision of the academic Council of KBSU in 2010 was opened the faculty of arts and media.
To ensure the educational process was opened the Department of film and television-a creative workshop
An. Sokurov and training and production Studio. In 2015, students graduated from the workshop with a
degree in film and television Directing. In 2015 on the basis of the faculty was created an educational
Internet TV «KBSU-TV».
In February 2016, the Institute of history, Philology and media was established.
Over the years, the Institute of history, Philology and media has trained thousands of specialists.
dozens of graduates of the Institute have become scientists, many of them work in educational and
scientific institutions of the KBR and the Russian Federation, in the media, in law enforcement agencies
and in other state institutions.
Since the end of 1980-s, close contacts of the Institute scientists with foreign universities and
research centers have been established. Special mention should be made of the work of Professor Z. M.
Gabunia at the University of Granada, the work of Professor R. S. Alikayev at the University of Leipzig
and his scientific training at the International center for the history of science and culture at the library.
Duke Auguste in Germany (wolfenbüttel), as well as close cooperation of the Department of German
language with the Institute of foreign Philology of Jena University. Friedrich Schiller (Germany). The
regular invitation of foreign experts to read a course of lectures on topical issues of modern foreign
Philology is practiced. Students of The history, Anthropology and Ethnology and International relations
directions have a unique opportunity to participate in archaeological excavations carried out by specialists
of the state Hermitage and the State Historical Museum. Also, in cooperation with the leading museums
of the Institute of history, philology and mass media, specialists of the state Hermitage, the State
historical Museum and The Russian ethnographic Museum give lectures. On the basis of the state
Hermitage Museum, a group of students of The history and Anthropology and Ethnology directions held
a Museum practice in 2017.
INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION, PSYCHOLOGY AND SPORT AND SPORTS
The Institute was established on April 25, 2017 by combining the Pedagogical Institute and the
Faculty of physical culture and sports. The history of Pedagogical Institute originates from the specialty
«Pedagogy and methodology of primary education», which was opened in 1986 in the former faculty of
history and philology. This decision was made by the University administration due to the absence of
primary school teachers with higher professional education in the country. In the 1990-1991 academic
year, the Department of «Pedagogy and methodology of primary education» was allocated to an
independent faculty of pedagogy and methodology of primary education. Later, on the basis of this
faculty by the order of the rector № 24/O from 07.02.2000 was formed the faculty of education, along
with the specialty «Pedagogy and methodology of primary education» appeared specialty «Pedagogy and
methodology of preschool education», «Technology and entrepreneurship» and «Decorative-applied art».
And in 2015 at a meeting of the Academic Council of Kabardino-Balkarian state University. After H. M.
Berbekov, held on 26.01.2015, a decision was made on transformation of the faculty of education at the
Pedagogical Institute of the Kabardino-Balkarian State University University.
In 1967 at the Medical Faculty of Kabardino-Balkarian State University Government Resolution
CBD and the USSR Ministry of Defense was a branch of physical education. In 1972, the department was
reorganized into the Faculty of Physical Education, later changed the status of division, received a new
name — Faculty of Physical Education and Sport. Over 49 years on the faculty trained more than 2,500
specialists in physical culture and sports. According to the results of the inventive faculty of the faculty
received more than 70 copyright certificates on inventions. Since 1999 works at the Faculty of
postgraduate and doctoral studies in the specialty of Biomechanics (01.02.08). In 2001 was opened a
specialized council for PhD theses, in November 2001 the first meeting of the Council defended their
dissertations teachers of the faculty A. Z. Bazhev, A.K. Alagir, T.Y. Cherkesov. Scientific — research
laboratory «Bioengineering», supervisor of laboratory Ph.D., Professor Y.T. Cherkesov, conducts research
in the direction of «Management of human interaction and the environment.» In the implementation of
this area are participating faculty members of Kabardino-Balkarian State University, developing the
concept of solving the following problems:
Interfaced development of mental and physical abilities of students;
Creation of training devices with artificial, automated adjustment variable resistance modes;
Development and substantiation of methods for optimizing the development and improvement of
motor qualities of sportsmen in the conditions of application of the «Machine control action.»
According to the results of research published over 300 scientific articles.
INSTITUTE OF INFORMATICS, ELECTRONICS AND COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY
The main educational activity of the institute is to train IT-specialists (in the field of computer
technology specialists), corresponding to the world level, for innovative high-tech industries of the
Russian economy. Analysts IT-market in our country is growing rapidly and will continue to grow for
many years. In connection with the entry of a large number of foreign companies, as well as developing
of existing industries, the demand for specialists working in this area is constantly increasing. The basis
of preparation of IT-specialists in the field of computer software systems is the study of basic disciplines:
programming in C ++; Object-Oriented Programming in Visual Studio 2008 environment; Internet-
programming languages PHP, Java, C #, ASP.NET; programming for mobile devices in Java;
programming databases and data warehousing applications; Computer Graphics and WEB-design;
transformation crypto, processing, transmitting and receiving information; assembly language
programming. In the area of technical support of computer systems of the Institute, students study the
following subjects: the organization of the computer; OS; Computer network; computer security;
programming of microprocessors and embedded systems; design of digital systems on a chip. The
Institute, based on extensive contacts with domestic and foreign enterprises and companies, has highly
qualified specialists and modern scientific and educational laboratories, constantly improving the
educational process, ensuring graduates in demand in the labor market and successful career in life.
Polytechnical Institute operates in Kabardino-Balkarian State University since 1957, first under
the name «Faculty of Civil Engineering», from 1960 to 2015 — «Engineering Department», and in 2015 —
In 1957 he was made the first admission on a specialty «Industrial and Civil Engineering», and in
1960, the specialty — «Technology of mechanical engineering, machine tools and instruments.»
In 1995 started the preparation of Mechanical Engineers in the specialty «Food Production
Machinery and Apparatus.» In 2003 — started training in «Quality Management».
Since 2011, it carried out preparation of bachelors and masters in the field of «Mechatronics and
Robotics» and bachelors on direction «Food from plants.»
The Institute consists of four departments:
1 Technology and equipment for automated production;
2 Mechatronics and Robotics;
3 Quality management;
4 Information technology in management of technical systems.
INSTITUTE OF SOCIAL WORK, SERVICE AND TOURISM
Institute of Social Work, Service and Tourism established February 1, 2016 consists of four areas
of training: «Social Work» (implemented in the Kabardino-Balkarian State University since 1993);
«Tourism» (implemented in the Kabardino-Balkarian State University since 1998); «Hotel business»
(implemented in the Kabardino-Balkarian State University since 2010); «Organization of work with
youth» (implemented in the Kabardino-Balkarian State University since 2012), each of which are
undergraduate and graduate programs. All of them are quite young by the standards of the history of
higher education, but it is rapidly developing. It should be noted that KBSU was one of the first
universities in the South of Russia and in the whole country, where he began training highly qualified
personnel for the above specialties and directions.
On these subjects are taught students from the countries of near and far abroad. Young people are
attracted to their applied nature and close connection with the practical activity, realization of foreign
training and practice. During the studies, the students have the opportunity to consolidate the theoretical
knowledge in a wide variety of organizations of social-cultural sphere, with which the University has
strong contractual relations, as well as participating in the organization and carrying out numerous extra-
curricular activities of scientific-educational and cultural-mass character.
Structural units of the Institute are the following producing departments: theory and technology
of social work (Head of the Department — Doctor of Philosophy, Professor A.M. Kumykov); Economics
and Management in Tourism (Head of Department — Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate
Professor A.G. Karasheva); an organization working with young people (head of the department —
Candidate of historical sciences, professor M.I. Barazbiev). During the years of implementation of the
above directions have been prepared thousands of specialists, now working in the ministries and
departments of the federal and republican subordination, local authorities, enterprises and organizations
working in the relevant sectors of the economy.
Institute of Law, Economics and Finance
Institute of Law, Economics and Finance was established in October 2013 after the reorganization
of the economic and legal faculties of Kabardino-Balkarian State University. From the day of foundation
of the Institute director is Murat Gukepshokov (Hasanbievich), PhD, associate professor.
Institute of Law, Economics and Finance is a structural, educational and academic and
administrative departments of the University. He carries out educational, scientific and methodical,
scientific research, educational, cultural, educational and other activities within its competence.
INSTITUTE OF PHYSICS AND MATHEMATICS
Physics and Mathematics Faculty is the same age of the Kabardino-Balkarian State Pedagogical
Institute and counts its history since 1932 In 1977 it was divided into two — physics and mathematics, and
in 2016 both of the faculties newly merged to form the Institute of Physics and Mathematics of the
Kabardino-Balkarian State University.
Today the institute has dozens of research and teaching laboratories, computer center, a
But, as always, we are proud of our teaching staff, to give all their strength and knowledge to
prepare highly qualified graduates.
INSTITUTE OF CHEMISTRY AND BIOLOGY
In the 14th of September, 1932 Kabardino-Balkarian Pedagogical Institute was opened, which
consisted of 3 departments: biology, physics and mathematics, and literature.
By 1946, as a member of the Kabardino-Balkarian Pedagogical Institute, Institute of teaching was
set off – with three departments, including the natural-geographic.
In the 1st of September, 1957 Kabardino-Balkarian State University began its work as part of the 4
faculties: agricultural (which consisted of two parts: agronomic and biological) and civil engineering.
In 1964, the agricultural department of chemical and veterinary departments were opened.
In 1966, on the basis of chemical and biological departments of the faculty of agriculture the
Faculty of Chemistry and Biology was organized.
In September 1, 1997 Chemical and Biological Department was reorganized by creating chemical
and biological faculties.
In January 28, 2016, by combining chemical and biological faculties, the Institute of Chemistry
and Biology was formed.
Based on the powerful material and technical base of highly qualified teaching staff of the
Institute of Chemistry and Biology successfully conducts educational and teaching work, and is also
involved in research activities in various fields of chemistry, biology and geography.
INSTITUTE FOR ADVANCED STUDIES AND RETRAINING KBSU
Institute for Advanced Studies and Retraining of Kabardino-Balkarian State University — an
educational institution with a long historical tradition, was founded in 1939 as the Institute of Teachers, in
1991 transformed into the Kabardino-Balkarian Institute for Advanced Studies. Since 1997 is a
subdivision of the Kabardino-Balkarian State University University named after H.M. Berbekov.
Institute is an educational structure, responding to all external calls and changing their activities
in accordance with the requirements of the day.
Along with the main activities traditionally implemented (training and retraining of teachers;
consulting and methodical support of activity of teachers of the republic), fixed and new — is to conduct
research and experimental activities; scientific and methodological support of innovative activity of
educational institutions; examination of programs and projects; wide organizational work on carrying out
activities in support of professional skill of pedagogical republic housing and educational support gifted
children. Recent years have seen the expansion of categories of students due to the training and retraining
of workers from the sphere of physical culture and sport, youth policy, the non-profit public sector,
The activities of the Institute for Advanced Studies and Retraining of Kabardino-Balkarian State
University (IASR KBSU) is carried out in accordance with the main directions of modernization of
modern education, the federal target program of education development, the basic ideas laid down in the
national project «Education», implemented in the Kabardino-Balkaria Republic, the presidential initiative
«Our new school. «
The activities of the Institute for Advanced Studies and Retraining of Kabardino-Balkarian State
University aims to carry out training and retraining of teachers of general education workers. Work is also
led in other areas: training and retraining of specialists of education authorities, youth policy, physical
culture and sport, economists and lawyers.